12 August 2017

ALMOST at the last week of my pregnancy journey! (12/8/17)

Back track to last Sunday, when I'm 38 weeks and 3 days:
This week is a big week of ups and downs.
Lets start from Sunday.

We met up with Sheri for lunch after church. We had a great catch up till 3 pm.
Then I got a hair cut at the korean hairdresser. Oh finally I have my hair trimmed. And also wash! Oh my hair felt so dry now. I'm glad that my hair length of  almost half waist, is now nice and short around the shoulders. I request that I should still be able to tie up my hair. Should labour become tiring and messy, the last thing I would want is hair sticking everywhere on my face. That's also one of the reason I'm contemplating if I should get it cut or not. But getting it washed at night is such a breeze now. And drying it takes only minutes~! ^_^

Anyhow, after the haircut, we went to the Westfield shopping centre to stock up on grocery. As usual, the purchase is too much for us to lug back to the car. So Eric offered to walk up the hill to where our car was parked for church, and drive into the carpark to pick me and the goods up. On the way to the carpark, we stopped by a party shop to buy a 70th birthday card for my FIL. After we loaded up the car, strapped in, and ready to go home, Eric realised he couldn't find the parking ticket!

We spent the next 1 hour, looking through the car, looking through the shopping centre for that bloody ticket. Oh I was fumming. >_<
He lost the ticket after just 10 mins of parking the car and meeting me and the trolley full of groceries, and getting the birthday card. Plus this is not the first time he has lost things in public places. Always have to remind him to put the car keys away, stop dangling it on his fingers, be alert of where he put the thermos flask when he goes to uni.... And the fine for losing the parking ticket is $50!!!!!

So in the end, after combing through the floor of Westfield, tracing where he had been, he finally found the ticket at the party shop, among the candy rack, next to the cashier. And boy I was annoyed and exhausted.

Being home late means I need to start thinking about dinner. Eric dropped me home while he went over to the renovated home to put down some of the things we bought. At home (aka MIL's place), the first thing I saw, was Eric's sis just siting there (probably ther for the whole afternoon) stuck in front of her computer playing computer games with her fiance. With dishes from her brunch still in the sink. I'm sick n tired of working for his family. So I went downstairs and wanted to hide away. The next thing I knew, MIL came back home from her Taichi-fan-clubbing, and the first thing she asked was: 'What are you cooking for dinner?'

OMG, can feel my blood pressure rising. If Eric was here, I'd have scream at him to deal with his family.

The night ended up with  Eric's sis cooking some inedible dinner, which I had to rescue it afterwards, so it's not a waste of food for the whole family. Sigh....

After washing up, MIL started questioning Eric on what he's doing at the renovating house. Hello? Were you living under a rock or something? And she kept saying how she 'thought' he's getting someone to work on the toilet renovation job. *face palm*
Then I casually ask if she could come help clean up things, as there's quite a bit to do and I can't do many because it's difficult for me to bend down.
MIL gave quite a few excuses, and in the end said : NO.

Eric and I looked at each other, and we were so disappointed with her answer.

I hope he finally see how his family are really like....I mean, never in the past 5 years have they offer, even just offer, to help with some tiny things. Even friends at church, Rong from SG, and my parents who are coming to help look after me during the confinement time, has offered to help. Especially my parents, who are coming TODAY, yet the whole place is still in a big mess. And my parents will have to end up cleaning and organising things PLUS living there. And Eric's family just don't even want to open their mouth and offer to help. *rolled eyes*

On Monday night, 7/9/17, I woke up with another episode of epigastric pain. It's similar to the last episode, where by it comes in waves and is quite intense pain. Unlike last time, I didn't wake Eric up as he's suppose to go to uni the next day. And if this turn out to be a false alarm again, I don't want him to be equally exhausted plus going to uni. So I went and hover around the kitchen, eating and trying to time the contractions. I went back to bed with the pain, and the contractions lasted till midday. After that the pain was gone as if nothing had happened before.

Since then I am quite afraid of going to bed at night. Fearful of having the pain again that will disturb my sleep. Emotionally, I am anxious, worried and just not sure what to do when the baby comes in as the renovation is not done yet. My parents are arriving on Saturday

 I was teary and felt very overwhelmed. One of my church friend came and check on me, and told me that this is quite normal before she gave birth.

True to that I started having contractions starting from Saturday night to Sunday morning. It was very mild, just like period pain. In in the morning on Sunday morning, just before we got ready to go to church, I found out that I had some bleeding!

Kcan

No comments: