18 May 2017

26 weeks + 6 days

This week has been a painful week. Starting with waking up at 3am in the morning on Monday by a severe pain in my epigastric region. It's so painful that I thought if I'm going into labour or something. >_<

However, it also felt like the gastric pain which I sometimes get if I skip/irregular meals. So I woke Eric up to bring me some warm milk and a slice of bread. *sorry Eric!*
The pain came in waves. And after taking some milk and eating some bread, the pain gets less frequent and less intense. Finally after 1 hr, I could manage to lie down and sleep again. Sigh...
Thinking back, I think I've been having lesser food portion for dinner than before, because the baby is squashing the stomach. BUT, I think I'll just need to have another 'pre-supper' before sleeping, so that I won't wake up with this pain again.

Thankfully, baby was ok throughout the painful episode. He didn't even move! He's probably sleeping through it. haha

I've also been experiencing more hip pain and swelling on my palms and legs this week. I've left out the ear seeds for about 3 days. And by the 3rd day, I realised I couldn't walk up and down the stairs at home properly. Turning in bed became such a chore (because it needs my hips to move) that I couldn't get comfortable in bed. So back in my ears are the ear seeds.
My palms are swelling up every morning when I woke up. So bad that I couldn't even move my wedding ring! Strangely, it'll subside as the day goes by. However, it's not the case for my feet. My feel + legs swells up gradually during the day, especially if I've been out the whole day seeing patients. Compression socks are now my must have/wear when ever I go out for work. Overnight, the swellings will come down,

Since Sunday, I've also been feeling some palpitations in my chest. Not sure what it was about. It was especially bad on Monday afternoon, after not sleeping well from the epigastric episode in the morning. Thankfully it's much better now in terms of frequency.

I went for my midwife visit again on Wednesday afternoon. The glucose test results are good! Yay! Don't have gestational diabetes. I will continue to do my cycling at least 3/week to keep my circulation going. The blood test results were good too, even though my Haemaglobin levels went down a little, but still in the normal range. I did have some worry about my Iron levels during pregnancy, as I didn't want any red meats during my first trimester. And 2 weeks ago, I had a sudden cravings for beef. I'll have to remind myself to eat more red meat now. During the visit, they also checked the baby's heart beat and position. He's heart is beating well, and on the time of visit, he's lying down low horizontally in my belly. The midwife said that there's lots of amniotic fluid in there, so he's can keep swimming and turning inside. That I agrees, as some times, he kicks down low at my cervix, while at times it's on the upper ribs region. Have fun swimming and playing inside! BUT please don't bounce on my bladder like a trampoline. >_<

Tonight, we are skipping bible study to attend this music event held by EMU music. It may be the last 'concert' that I'll get to attend without any kids. So I'm making full use of this opportunity! ^_^
Pray that it'll be a good and fun night for both Eric and I.

Oh, and just as I'm typing this, my dear friend Qing from Sniokies, is in labour!!!
Pray that labour will go smoothly and both mother and baby will be safe. Look forward to meet another of our sniok junior!

anni

No comments: