22 May 2017

27 weeks and 5 days

This week, I felt like a swollen elephant. My ankles were so swollen after going to the Pregnancy Baby Children expo, that it felt horrible. I could feel my feet almost bursting from my shoes, and I couldn't even flex my toes! Looking at my ankles, they were BIG! *shocked*

This is the first time I had experience real swollen feet. I remembered seeing those of my patients who had that while they were pregnantm but never did I expect to get them. Haha. My ankle was basically gone. Just a straight leg from my calf to my feet. And I usually have skinny bony feet! Suddenly it's like 'meaty' and big. Eric gave me so much massage last night, and it's much better today when I woke up. I think I'll have to wear my compression socks all the time from now. Time to go for more socks shopping!

My pelvis and pubic bone pain is much better this past few days! Yay! All thanks to the ear seeds. I highly recommend women to get them put in by acupuncturist. 

I get more hungry easily these days, and keep wanting to snack away. Probably because baby is now on the putting weight stage of his growth. Just have to remind myself to choose better snacks than the sugary ones. 

Talking about the baby expo I went to on Friday (on my own) and Sunday (with Eric). There's basically just one item I'm interested in getting, and that is the Phillips breast nipple shell. It's something my sniokies friend recommended to help collect the dripping breast milk from the other breast when it's engorged. You know, not want to waste the precious milk! I went on Friday, asking for the expo price, which the sales lady said will be $18. While retail price is $24. I said I'll think about it and she said they will stock it up daily, so if I come on Sunday, I can still purchase it. After a few google research and consulting with Eric at home, we decided to buy it from the expo for $18. And guess what, when we got there on Sunday, the lady on the floor serving, wanted me to pay $20 for that last box on the shelf! 

I questioned the lady, as I remembered looking at the price sheet on Friday, and it was to be sold for $18. And her reply was: ok, you'll get it for $18. And she just key the price into the efptos machine, and asked me for my card. -_-"

I know it's the last day of the expo, and you want to get rid of the items on the shelf. But also cannot anyhow state a price you like and charge people mah. Good that I didn't rip you off by saying that it cost <$18, cause you didn't even bother to check! 

For the rest of the afternoon, Eric and I went around to check out the different brands of breast pumps and collect food samples for baby J. I'm definitely going back to work part-time at about four months after giving birth, so I would need to have breast pumping equipment on standby. Thank you to Eric's brother for giving us their breast pump, so we are saving quite a bit of money. However, our horror when speaking to the breast feeding association people, that the brand of the breast pump we are going to be inheriting, was prone to growing mold! Googling also shows it's quite common topic amongst mums with this brand of breast pump, as it's an open system. Have to be careful when using it next time and to dry it well to prevent mold from forming. 

The expo ended at 5 pm. Eric and I dragged my big swollen self to the train station and then to our car. As my feet were so swollen, we decided to have a simple dinner of take away Roast pork rice, with an additional box of veges to go with it at the next suburb. However when we got there, all the roast pork were sold out. We settled instead for a box of Char Siew rice plus a box of vegetables. This is our favourite place for takeaway boxes, as they stuffed so much ingredients and rice in each box, that it can feed both Eric and I! And for just cost $9!!  So with $15 ( additional vege is $6), we can have a very yummy and healthy meal of veges, meat and rice that makes us so full! We usually ate in the car after buying the food. But on Sunday, my bladder was bursting as does happens to many women who are pregnant. So we drop by at the local train station again, looking for toilet. And what better place to have dinner after that, than sitting on the benches at the platform, under the platform light and under the starry night sky! Sounds romantic right? 

Our day ended with a nice hot shower at home, with feet massage by Eric for my elephant legs. 

I hope this swollen feet phase is just temporary and won't get worse. It's really scary looking at my foot and can't recognise my own. :( 

Oh, and my sniokies friend Qing has given birth last Thursday! Congrats!! 

I can't wait to meet my baby J soon. 

Kcan

No comments: